Re: [Tails-dev] RFC: Allow users to watch CSS protected DVDs…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] RFC: Allow users to watch CSS protected DVDs using libdvdcss
Hi,

Austin English wrote (22 Jul 2015 07:05:54 GMT) :
> I'm interested in working on this issue (after finishing work on some
> others..), but would like to seek comments before investing time in this.

> Any comments or concerns about building a .deb from upstream source +
> packaging / shipping libdvdcss?

Thanks for this proposal!

Technically, it seems that it would be totally doable, especially
thanks to libdvd-pkg (now in Debian sid, contrib section).

So that's a matter of policy. I think it's not more risky than some
similar things we're already doing (firmware EULA, Windows
camouflage), and it seems to be worth it given how it would improve
things for some use cases.