Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/start…

Author: flapflap
To: tails-l10n
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-l10n] (pull)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/startup_options.de.po
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/startup_options.de.po
Hi,

[snip]
>> (2) "Netzwerkkonfiguration" was changed to "Netzwerkeinstellungen"
>>     to match Tails Greeter.  This differs from the wiki page.
>> New issue:
>> doc/first_steps/startup_options/network_configuration.de.po needs
>> to be updated.
> Who should do this?

I can do this, but in a separate review process.

>> (3) On the wiki (this page and others) we say "Verschleiern der
>> MAC-Adresse", whereas Tails Greeter says "Manipulation der
>> MAC-Adresse".

[snip]
>> If we agree on "verschleiern", the translation in Tails Greeter
>> needs to be changed.
> I overthought it. Someone told me in the last days that when a MAC
> adress is changed, the hard-coded on the NIC is not getting changed,
> it happens on driver level (I could not verify that, but it sounds
> reasonable). So the hard-coded adress gets "verschleiert" by the
> randomly generated, obfuscating adress. So we can agree on
> "verschleiern" (:

ok. Then, someone with transifex access (u?) needs to change it there.

>> (4) The wiki uses "Verschlüsselter beständiger Speicherbereich"
>> (persistent volume), while Tails Greeter uses "Beständige
>> Speicherpartition"

[snip]
>> I think that the outcome of the discussion still holds and we
>> should change Tails Greeter to "Verschlüsselter beständiger
>> Speicherbereich".
> ACK to this.

So again, someone (u?) needs to change it in transifex.

Since the above points need to/should be addressed outside of this
review process, I repeat my previous request:

Please review:
https://gitlab.com/flapflap/tails
branch review_de_startup_options
commit 01ca0491 review

If it is ready for merge, please say so and edit the subject to (pull).

> It's really great to see a progress here (:

yes, hopefully we get this resolved soon.

~flapflap