Re: [Freepto] question about creating a freepto .ova file

Author: boyska
To: Everything about freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] question about creating a freepto .ova file
On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 10:40:17AM -0000, terry123@??? wrote:
>I want to create an .ova file from freepto to use in VMware Fusion so I

First of all, I'd like to underline that the goals of freepto are not
compatible with being run inside a virtual machine.

>can boot it but still transfer files to my host. In the beginning Im
>prompted to answer what kind of Linux Freepto is. Its Debian right? But is
>it Debian 6.X or 7.X etc?

It's debian 7.

>Maybe there is a tutorial out there on how to create an .ova file from
>freepto? Or better yet, an actual .ova file for freepto? Linux Liberte has
>one of these, but I think the project is discontinued and in any case has
>not been updated since 2012.

There is not, since we believe that encouragint the use of sensitive
data inside a virtual machine is wrong. Please note that this is *not*
in contrast with the fact that other anonimity-oriented distributions
support the case of being run in VM: freepto focuses more on data
security and less on anonimity, so it's just a different thing.

--
boyska