Re: [Tails-l10n] Farsi translation Re: Spanish translation

Author: sajolida
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Farsi translation Re: Spanish translation
u:
>> moreover, we
>> need to count the words which they translate to pay them. Do you have
>> any idea for that?
>
> About word counting.. there are many tools which do this, for example
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10218026/get-words-count-in-po-file

We have a script to calculate translation statistics on the website and
it can also give out the word count of original words.

This is currently:

  - 73500 for the whole website
  - 14111 for what we call the core page. See the list here
    https://tails.boum.org/contribute/l10n_tricks/core_po_files.txt

If you have a budget of 2000€, you should focus on the core pages as I
don't think it's realistic to translate the whole website, unless your
translators are paid very cheap.

And also, will your translators submit through Git or will you have to
find people to handle the Git side of things?

--
sajolida