Re: [Tails-dev] State of TAILS accessibility with Orca

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] State of TAILS accessibility with Orca
Hi,

sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
> Hadi Rezaee:
> > except the fact that i cannot start orca in the greeter
>
> Yeah, unfortunately that's a known issue:
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7500

What do you think about the proposed solution (from the above ticket):

    Easy solution: Add gnome-standard hotkeys to launch
    accessibility tools.

    Example: Orca, the screen-reader for blind users.
    Simply add a hotkey, (alt+super+S) to launch it. in the greeter.

> > apparently there is no sound when the greeter starts up, or something
> > like that. beside that, I can work with orca and tails' apps well.

We could add basic greeter accessibility as a requirement of the
revamp (setting #7500 as a subtask of #8230). Thoughs?

Cheers