Re: [Tails-dev] State of TAILS accessibility with Orca; Tor…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, hadirezaei
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] State of TAILS accessibility with Orca
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] State of TAILS accessibility with Orca; Tor totally works within Iran using Pluggable transports (ScrambleSuit)
Hadi Rezaee:
> Hi guys

Hi Hadi,

> I have tested tails testing (the version based on debian jessie) and
> It's all good

That's good news! I added your feedback to
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8371#note-9. Correct me if I
misunderstood.

> except the fact that i cannot start orca in the greeter

Yeah, unfortunately that's a known issue:
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7500

> apparently there is no sound when the greeter starts up, or something
> like that. beside that, I can work with orca and tails' apps well.
> I can kind of launch tails without the use of orca on the greeter like
> Patrick mentioned, but no way of me starting with obfsproxy.

I tried Tor Launcher (the piece of software that helps you configure
bridges when you start Tails) and it's not read by Orca either. Probably
because it's running under a different Unix user. See
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/9051.

That's affecting several others applications in Tails (Unsafe Browser,
Tails Installer, etc.). If you have an idea on how we could fix that or
who we could contact to find a possible solution for all such cases,
please don't hesitate!

--
sajolida