[Tails-ux] Help needed: Nautilus Wipe progress dialog title

Author: spencerone
To: tails-ux
CC: Colomban Wendling
Subject: [Tails-ux] Help needed: Nautilus Wipe progress dialog title
Hi,

On 03/05/2015 14:04, intrigeri wrote:
> spencerone@??? wrote (05 Mar 2015 21:41:19 GMT) :
>> To use Sajolida's suggestion with a swapped action, 'Securely delete
>> disk space'
>> informs me that I will no longer be able to store things, as I will
>> have deleted the
>> space to do so.
>
> Indeed, I read and spoke much too fast when approving sajolida's
> proposal. The idea of "deleting disk space" feels quite wrong, unless
> the notion of _empty_ or _available_ is re-added.

Not at all.

Sajolida suggested:
-------------------
For files:
- Action: Securely delete
- Title: Secure Deletion
- Progress: Securely deleting file xyz

For disk space:
- Action: Securely clean disk space
- Action: Secure Cleaning
- Progress: Securely cleaning disk space on /media/xyz

And I think your siding with that is great. Sure, alluding to the
amount of disk space, e.g., 'Empty' or 'Available' is good, too, but
maybe not necessary. If there is some of the total space available, or
empty, then it seems that only some of the storage space is getting
cleaned/wiped. I think, with disk space, people want all of it
cleaned/wiped. And, given that wiping doesn't mean a good job was done,
but cleaning does, 'Cleaned' might be the most appropriate label.

Wordlife,
Spencer