Re: [Tails-ux] Help needed: Nautilus Wipe progress dialog ti…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-ux, Colomban Wendling
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Help needed: Nautilus Wipe progress dialog title
spencerone@??? wrote (05 Mar 2015 21:41:19 GMT) :
> To use Sajolida's suggestion with a swapped action, 'Securely delete disk space'
> informs me that I will no longer be able to store things, as I will have deleted the
> space to do so.

Indeed, I read and spoke much too fast when approving sajolida's
proposal. The idea of "deleting disk space" feels quite wrong, unless
the notion of _empty_ or _available_ is re-added.

> - 'Securely clean disk space'
> - 'Securely wipe disk space'

> These are better understood. Throwing away the junk in your garage and cleaning the
> garage are two separate actions, so maybe separate terms for labels is appropriate.

... and here too, I feel the lack of a clear message that only
_available_ disk space will be erased/cleaned/wiped/whatever. I don't
think I would dare clicking on something that lacks this clarification
without double-checking first (in the doc or something) what exactly
this action does.

[And now I'll shut up in this thread, as it seems that I'm back into
my "incrementally reacting to every proposal without trying to propose
something that takes everything into account" pattern.]