[Tails-ux] Help needed: Nautilus Wipe progress dialog title

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: spencerone
À: tails-ux
CC: Colomban Wendling
Sujet: [Tails-ux] Help needed: Nautilus Wipe progress dialog title
Hi,

>> Diddly-Squat:
>> I think changing the term when talking about files versus disk spaces
>> is a mistake. that is, of you use "Secure delete" when speaking about
>> files use "Secure delete" also when speaking about disk space. It is
>> consistent now when using Wipe and Wipe available disk space.
>>
> intrigeri:
> It doesn't make sense to me to "Securely delete empty disk space".
> How can one delete something that's empty? But perhaps that's only me,
> as both a non-native English speaker and technical person.

I understand and agree with the logic behind like terms as labels,
however, the outcome seems off.

To use Sajolida's suggestion with a swapped action, 'Securely delete
disk space' informs me that I will no longer be able to store things, as
I will have deleted the space to do so.

- 'Securely clean disk space'
- 'Securely wipe disk space'

These are better understood. Throwing away the junk in your garage and
cleaning the garage are two separate actions, so maybe separate terms
for labels is appropriate.

Wordlife,
Spencer