Re: [Tails-ux] Help needed: Nautilus Wipe progress dialog ti…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Colomban Wendling
À: intrigeri, tails-ux
Sujet: Re: [Tails-ux] Help needed: Nautilus Wipe progress dialog title
Hi,

Le 05/03/2015 22:09, intrigeri a écrit :
> […]
>
> If I'm correct, then the current ubiquity of the "wipe" word just
> means that there are more places (in Nautilus Wipe) where the new
> phrasing should be used, rather than an argument in favour of keeping
> the old one... or did I misunderstand what you meant?

Just a note: while I don't really care the wording, I think I remember
choosing "wipe" after a discussion with someone and some research,
because it was clearer/more commonly used or something like this.

>> […]
>
>> I think changing the term when talking about files versus disk spaces
>> is a mistake. that is, of you use "Secure delete" when speaking about
>> files use "Secure delete" also when speaking about disk space. It is
>> consistent now when using Wipe and Wipe available disk space.
>
> It doesn't make sense to me to "Securely delete empty disk space".
> How can one delete something that's empty? But perhaps that's only me,
> as both a non-native English speaker and technical person.

I agree, doesn't sound sensible to me either. Something like "Securely
erase" would probably be better -- but then we got two separate words,
"delete" and "erase".

Regards,
Colomban