Re: [Tails-l10n] (discuss)[de] Translate "persistent volume"

Author: spriver
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (discuss)[de] Translate "persistent volume"
Hi,

On 02/01/2015 11:17, Muri Nicanor wrote:
>> I would *not* include "Daten", because I think it is redundant.
>> The persistent/permantent/nichtflüchtig part already rules out
>> RAM or similar and what else could be stored on a computer but
>> "Daten".
> i think most end-users don't have a concept of RAM,
> 'Fluechtigkeit', persistence, permanent or any 'Speicher' thats for
> something else than 'Daten' ;)

This could be probably right.

> spriver wrote:
>> I will ask some non-technical people tomorrow how all the terms
>> sound to them.
> i think thats a good idea, i will do the same in the next days...

I did this today to some people today; first of all "beständig" won
definitely over "permanent" or "nichtflüchtig". It was a bit more
complicated to evaluate the second part of the term, but people seem
to understand what a partition is. So everyone was fine with
"beständiger Speicherbereich" or "beständige Daten/Speicher partition".

Cheers,

spriver