Re: [Tails-dev] Grsync as backup tool for Tails

Author: matsa
To: orsoni@gmail.com
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Grsync as backup tool for Tails

"orsoni@???" <orsoni@???> a écrit :

> Hello!
>
> Here some observations:
>
>    - "those lines" links to a 404.

Fix commited, thanks!

>    - "grsync should check if enough space is available on the
> destination before running": since grsync doesn't necessarily have
> access to the destination directory (rsync does) there is no general
> method of doing this. It could be done for "local" folders but it
> would be a trick. Unless rsync provides a specific functionality that
> I do not know of.......

I did some more researches:

rsync 3.1.0 introduces '--preallocate', do you think that's suitable?
See https://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src/rsync-3.1.0-NEWS

As Tails ships an older version of rsync, I will test this option later.

>    - "grsync should ask for confirmation when the option "Delete on
> the destination" is activated": we could build a list of options that
> need confirmation, currently none does.

That's would be great! Do you feel like doing this?
May I help by filling proper feature requests on Sourceforge?

>    - "when user double-click on a .grsync file, a window appears to
> confirm which file to open. This may be confusing.": I thought that
> worked, maybe the .desktop or whatever gui file needs updating

Tails ships grsync 1.2.0-1, I will try to reproduce this bug with a more
recent version.

Thanks and cheers,
matsa