Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter: let's move on!

Author: tchou
To: tails user experience & user interface design
New-Topics: [Tails-ux] Greeter: guided setup
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter: let's move on!

> Alan:
>> > Hi everybody!
>> >
>> > Nearly two month passed since last work on our mockups and unless I
>> > missed something we failed to make progress on the greeter revamp.
>> >
>> > I'd really like that we could ship something in one the next major
>> > version of Tails based on the upcoming Debian Jessie.
>> >
>> > So I'm tempted to start implementation right now, even tough that's
>> > skipping some steps. I'm thus proposing:
>> >
>> > - if there is people actually having time and energy to collect more
>> > feedback, please raise your voice before *january 15th*. If you can't
>> > have the feedback by then but can provide a clear deadline when
>> > you'll get the feedback, no problem. But I don't want to stay in the
>> > vague.
>
> Hey,
>
> We made 2 little workshops with the NUMA people few weeks ago on last
> mockups. I will debrief it and send feedbacks and mockups during 5 to 9
> of january week.

Hey again,

So, about the "Discover" screens. The main thing was to get the
difference between "public place" and "web cafe" use cases.
Maybe it's about to use its own computer, or a public one.

There is some things about the options :
- they are not the sames in this screen and in the advanced one
- they are not sorted in the same order
- the current default configuration of tails feets to none of the use cases
(there is a ticket with extra things here :
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8240)

I'll be in favor of putting the "Guided setup" on the top of the welcome
screen, so it make sense to change or/and add options onthe advanced
section after.

Cheers,
Tchou