Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter: let's move on!

Author: tchou
To: tails user experience & user interface design
New-Topics: [Tails-ux] Greeter: 1st screen and quick setup
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Greeter: let's move on!

> Alan:
>> > Hi everybody!
>> >
>> > Nearly two month passed since last work on our mockups and unless I
>> > missed something we failed to make progress on the greeter revamp.
>> >
>> > I'd really like that we could ship something in one the next major
>> > version of Tails based on the upcoming Debian Jessie.
>> >
>> > So I'm tempted to start implementation right now, even tough that's
>> > skipping some steps. I'm thus proposing:
>> >
>> > - if there is people actually having time and energy to collect more
>> > feedback, please raise your voice before *january 15th*. If you can't
>> > have the feedback by then but can provide a clear deadline when
>> > you'll get the feedback, no problem. But I don't want to stay in the
>> > vague.
>
> Hey,
>
> We made 2 little workshops with the NUMA people few weeks ago on last
> mockups. I will debrief it and send feedbacks and mockups during 5 to 9
> of january week.

Hey,

Here are some feedbacks and mockups coming after the last workshops we
did at NUMA (Thanks again Claudio and Fiodor !).
- The first workshop was about testing with paper the current state of
the Greeter revamp [1].
- The second was about proposing improvements.

The mockups I share with you today comes after this, with some extra
personnal ideas. The main thing is merge and rephrase the "welcome" and
"quick setup" screens. There are some comments on the mockups, maybe
there is still missing explanations to understand the proposal.

I'll write and send some extra feedbacks on the "Guided configuration"
screens later.

Cheers,
Tchou

[1] https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/greeter_revamp_UI/