[Tails-dev] Suggestion for added package: paperkey

Author: Daniel Kraft
To: Tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Suggestion for added package: paperkey
Hi!

I would like to suggest adding "paperkey" (as in the Debian package
repository) to Tails. This is a tool to export the "raw" secret part of
a GPG key, for instance, to back it up on a paper print-out.

I've just used Tails to create an offline GPG identity key. It would be
handy (and, IMHO, fit to the principles of Tails) to have paperkey
installed in order to create a minimal backup of the key, all without
ever connecting to the internet.

(In my case, I've downloaded the .deb package separately and installed
it within Tails to do the backup, but it would be much easier to have
paperkey preinstalled.)

What do you think?

Yours,
Daniel