Re: [Tails-ux] Prompt before compromise

Author: sajolida
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Prompt before compromise
Emma Peel:
> I think this usecase (extreme control on automated connections) is
> partially covered by not saving any network or printer settings on the
> Persistent Volume.
>
> I have noticed that if I:
>
> - Save persistent network settings on Persistence configuration
> - Save network details
> - Deselect saving persistent network settings
>
> The network is not connected automaticaly, BUT:
>
> - Selecting again persistent network settings and reboot, and
>
> Voila! my previous settings are back. I dont need to add them again.

If I understand your message well, then you are saying that persistence
data is not erased from the persistent volume when a feature is
deactivated. I think that this behavior is not made clear at all to the
user as of now and that this is a problem.

I created a Discuss ticket for that:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8447

But for me this is a different problem than the one raised by Peter
initially in this thread.

--
sajolida