Re: [Tails-ux] Prompt before compromise

Author: u
To: tails-ux
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Prompt before compromise
Hi,

Emma Peel:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 21:00:45 -0800
> "Peter N. Glaskowsky" <pglaskowsky@???> wrote:

[..]
>> This would still be much more convenient than configuring Wi-Fi
>> access (or performing other tasks) on every reboot, while allowing
>> the user to maintain a higher degree of privacy than the current
>> implementation of persistence does.

[..]
> I think this usecase (extreme control on automated connections) is
> partially covered by not saving any network or printer settings on the
> Persistent Volume.

Introducing well thought UX features will make Tails more secure and
easier for *everybody*. And I really think that this is what we want, on
the long run.

I also do not think that this is an extreme usecase.
Although people are generally advised not to mix identities (for example
journalistic/activist/whistleblowing stuff) with their Tails usage at
home (using their own wifi network, printer etc.), it is evident that
people do it anyway. And this kind of trick could help an average person.

> I have noticed that if I:

[.. snipping a loooong, non-user-friendly procedure :p]

Cheers!
u.