Re: [Tails-project] regarding meeting management

Author: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] regarding meeting management
Hi,

sajolida wrote (11 Dec 2014 18:17:21 GMT) :
> So I created #8382 to move this out of their duty as I
> think that this is the best way of solving this difference between what
> is expected and what is really happening.

Agreed.

> - Twitter announcements. Do we really care? The announcement of both the
> monthly meetings and low-hanging fruit sessions are already sent to many
> Tails mailing lists, where I expect contributors to be.
> As explained on the meeting page, those are not really good places to
> get new people on board (as targeted uniquely by Twitter). So I could
> live without that. Otherwise we could investigate automatic tweeting
> things maybe...

Let's drop that.

> - Tor weekly news. The last meetings arrived on TWN just fine without us
> pushing them there (I think). We might make the LWN team more happy by
> doing that work ourselves but at least things this is already taken care
> of (like all the other points).

Let's drop that too.

> - Reports of low-hanging fruit sessions. I suggest to remove this and
> have people attending LHF decide who is going to sent the report. I
> don't think that this will change much from what's
> already happening.

Hyas has volunteered to do that, and has done a good job at it so far
(even when he wasn't attending, in which case he gave us the URL to
a pad where we should write whatever we're doing and he would then
compile it and email it). So, I think this can be removed from
frontdesk's plate too.

> - Monthly reports. We've stopped writing monthly report over the summer
> because they were getting more and more time consuming. I want to revive
> monthly reports but have them faster to write. Then publishing them
> should be part of that process. Most frontdesk people nowadays don't
> have access to the draft of those reports anyway so that's not really
> practical.

ACK, let's drop it from frontdesk's plate too.

> In other words, who wants to do something else than 6586017?

> Otherwise please merge into master.

I say let's wait for feedback a couple more days, and then feel free
to merge it yourself :)

Thanks!