[Tails-project] regarding meeting management

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, tails-bugs
Subject: [Tails-project] regarding meeting management
Hey, I'm writing here instead of tails-dev as this is not technical. I'm
putting tails-bugs in copy but please frontdesk people, answer here.

As of today, frontdesk is responsible for "meetings management" see
/contribute/working_together/roles/front_desk#index3h1. But I think that
they haven't done this really in the past months (frontdesk correct me
if I'm wrong). So I created #8382 to move this out of their duty as I
think that this is the best way of solving this difference between what
is expected and what is really happening.

Ticket: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8382
Branch: doc/8382-meeting-management

Commit 2354876 moves note taking instructions to /contribute/meetings.

Now regarding the rest:

- Twitter announcements. Do we really care? The announcement of both the
monthly meetings and low-hanging fruit sessions are already sent to many
Tails mailing lists, where I expect contributors to be.
As explained on the meeting page, those are not really good places to
get new people on board (as targeted uniquely by Twitter). So I could
live without that. Otherwise we could investigate automatic tweeting
things maybe...

- Tor weekly news. The last meetings arrived on TWN just fine without us
pushing them there (I think). We might make the LWN team more happy by
doing that work ourselves but at least things this is already taken care
of (like all the other points).

- Reports of low-hanging fruit sessions. I suggest to remove this and
have people attending LHF decide who is going to sent the report. I
don't think that this will change much from what's already happening.

- Monthly reports. We've stopped writing monthly report over the summer
because they were getting more and more time consuming. I want to revive
monthly reports but have them faster to write. Then publishing them
should be part of that process. Most frontdesk people nowadays don't
have access to the draft of those reports anyway so that's not really
practical.

In other words, who wants to do something else than 6586017?

Otherwise please merge into master.

--
sajolida