Re: [Tails-dev] Please review web/8213-call-for-donations

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review web/8213-call-for-donations
hi,

sajolida wrote (27 Nov 2014 11:14:29 GMT) :
> So problem solved with 66f4311.

>> On the News page, I see the highlight twice: once on top, and a second
>> time with a "who are you helping.include" title, as the first
>> news item.

> Fixed as well with fd8d477.

I see two problems with putting it at the root of the srcdir:

1. It needlessly clutters this namespace. We have the wiki/src/inc/
directory for this kind of things.
2. It's not translatable anymore. (Granted, inc/* isn't, only some
specific files in there are.)

I think both are blockers. OK, it's only temporary, so I could
probably be convinced to look elsewhere and ignore the first one.
But #2 is more annoying, especially since we've done the work to make
the "Donate" page translatable.

>> Also, s/share them with us/share it with us/ (one should ask a native
>> speaker, but I don't think that "them" applies to things).

> I searched wiktionary and The Chicago Manual of Style for that and
> couldn't find anything going in your direction. "It" is the singular
> third person, and "them" the plural third person.

Thanks for correcting me! :)

> So please do a final review and merge this branch, ideally today or
> tomorrow. Then it will be up on the week-end and until Tuesday when we
> release.

Maybe call for translations, then?