Re: [Tails-dev] Please review web/8213-call-for-donations

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review web/8213-call-for-donations
intrigeri:
> What's the plan regarding the version of the website that we ship in
> the ISO? Do we want to display the same highlights? If so, then the
> "Discover who you are helping around the world when donating to Tails"
> on the homepage should be fixed. (Wouldn't an ikiwiki link work, by
> the way?)

Hmm... I really thought that ikiwiki links didn't work from inside HTML
code. But I tried again and yes it works. Now I realize that probably
markdown (links) don't work from inside HTML which makes sense.

So problem solved with 66f4311.

> On the News page, I see the highlight twice: once on top, and a second
> time with a "who are you helping.include" title, as the first
> news item.

Fixed as well with fd8d477.

> Also, s/share them with us/share it with us/ (one should ask a native
> speaker, but I don't think that "them" applies to things).

I searched wiktionary and The Chicago Manual of Style for that and
couldn't find anything going in your direction. "It" is the singular
third person, and "them" the plural third person.

In the CMOS I also found this example: "the cargo tanks were inerted by
introducing carbon dioxide into them" which goes in my direction.

So please do a final review and merge this branch, ideally today or
tomorrow. Then it will be up on the week-end and until Tuesday when we
release. I'll pop it on top again in two weeks or so.

We haven't heard back from the people mentioned in the post but I wrote
them on Sunday so I think it is fine to go forward.

--
sajolida