Re: [Tails-dev] window-picker-applet packaging

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] window-picker-applet packaging
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (05 Jun 2014 13:31:53 GMT) :
> u wrote (05 Jun 2014 10:53:07 GMT) :
>> I guess that this merge on their side will take some time to arrive in
>> Gnome and in Debian anyway, yes.

> Given wheezy-backports packages come from Jessie, as long as this
> upstream change does not land into Debian testing before the Jessie
> freeze, we're fine for Tails/Wheezy.

So, window-picker-applet didn't reach Debian in time for Jessie, and
then in wheezy-backports. These applets won't work anymore in Jessie
for us (GNOME 3), so even when/if they land into Debian, it'll be
useless for us. I've therefore closed the corresponding tickets.

And now, we're doomed to maintain our own package until Tails is based
on Jessie (e.g. we're not benefiting from the many bugfixes we've sent
upstream). Volunteers? Alan, U, others?

Sorry about the extra work that has been put into it already :/