Re: [Tails-dev] Redmine: possible usage clarification and im…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Redmine: possible usage clarification and improvements
intrigeri wrote:
> sajolida@??? wrote (23 Sep 2014 17:48:54 GMT) :
>> I'm not 100% convinced by the taxonomy of those two fields. But I'm very
>> happy to start with something that looks reasonable like this. I'm fine
>> with their names ("Category" and "Affected tool"). And we will surely
>> adjust their content later on as needed.
>
> OK, I wasn't able to implement it right away, so I've created
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8193 to track this.

Cool.

> I must say that the need to go over every ticket that has a category
> field set felt daunting to me.

Sure but in the meantime we can decide which tag (current "category") do
we move in which field ("category" or "affected tools").

Here is a list of the current tags, and a proposal on what to do with them.

Keep as "Category":

- Accessibility
- Continuous Integration
- Fundraising
- Hardware support
- Infrastructure
- Internationalization
- Persistence

Move to "Affected tools":

- Browser
- Camouflage
- Email Client
- Greeter
- I2P
- Incremental upgrades
- Instant Messaging
- Unsafe Browser
- WhisperBack
- Spoof MAC

Not sure:

- Installation: it used to be called "Installer" but I renamed it to be
able to put there documentation issues related to installation.
- Test suite: if we keep as a "category" we could mark tickets as
"Greeter" + "Test suite" and that might be helpful.
- Tor configuration: "category"?
- FAQ: should this be a "tool"?
- Mirrors: "tool"?
- Build system: "tool"?

> Maybe this can be done during the upcoming Great Ticket Triaging
> that'll happen by the end of the year?

Ok. But still I feel like it would be nice to have each field well
defined so that this can be done without having to wonder where to put
stuff.

--
sajolida