Re: [Tails-dev] Redmine: possible usage clarification and im…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Redmine: possible usage clarification and improvements
hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (07 Nov 2014 15:57:42 GMT) :
> Sure but in the meantime we can decide which tag (current "category") do
> we move in which field ("category" or "affected tools").

Yay!

> Here is a list of the current tags, and a proposal on what to do with them.

Thanks a lot. I agree with everything I'm not commenting on.

> Move to "Affected tools":
> [...]
> - Camouflage

Hrm, no, Camouflage is a category IMO. We've had camouflage issues
affect the browser, the OpenPGP applet, etc.

> [...]
> - Incremental upgrades

Then it should be renamed to "Upgrader", I think. And maybe some day
we'll need an "Incremental upgrades" category.

> [...]
> - Spoof MAC

"Spoof MAC" looks like a category to me too. We don't really have one
central tool that implements it. But I'm not sure.

> Not sure:

> - Installation: it used to be called "Installer" but I renamed it to be
> able to put there documentation issues related to installation.

I think we need a "Tails Installer" tool, and probably also an
"Installation" category where you can put stuff that warranted the
generalization you did previously.

> - Test suite: if we keep as a "category" we could mark tickets as
> "Greeter" + "Test suite" and that might be helpful.

Yes, that's definitely a category, and the kind of usecases we had in
mind for this field split.

> - Tor configuration: "category"?

I think we should probably have a "Tor configuration" category, and
a "Tor launcher" affected tool.

> - FAQ: should this be a "tool"?

I can think of cases when we want to specify what tool a FAQ-related
ticket is about, and cases when we want to specify which category it
is about. The FAQ thing really doesn't fit well into this taxonomy, no
big surprise considering it's really something totally transversal.
Let's try either one, and see..

> - Mirrors: "tool"?

I think we could set category = Infrastructure for all tickets that
currently have category = Mirrors: it's really a sub-category.
And then, we'll want a check-mirrors "Tool". Only two of these tickets
(#7161, #7125) will be left without an "Affected tool" field, and
they're really about general infrastructure things, that don't really
need to be classified more precisely IMO.

> - Build system: "tool"?

I've had a look at the corresponding tickets, and I would put it as
a category, so that we can have tool = {Vagrant, Docker, live-build,
you-name-it}.

>> Maybe this can be done during the upcoming Great Ticket Triaging
>> that'll happen by the end of the year?

> Ok. But still I feel like it would be nice to have each field well
> defined so that this can be done without having to wonder where to put
> stuff.

Absolutely.