[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2.1] feature/7416-gnupg-socks

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2.1] feature/7416-gnupg-socks
Hi,

feature/7416-gnupg-socks is a follow-up on the proposed branch for
#7512, and is blocked by it. It makes GnuPG directly use the Tor SOCKS
port for communicating with keyservers, instead of going through
Polipo.

Tested with gpg on the command-line and with Seahorse (that is not
affected since we run it with torsocks and it doesn't use GnuPG, but
still). An ISO built from experimental, that has this branch merged
in, passes the torified_gnupg feature of the automated test suite.
I don't think any other area of Tails talks to keyservers and could be
affected, but I'd be glad if someone else spent a few minutes trying
to find something I've missed.

I'm proposing this for 1.2.1, even if this doesn't satisfy our usual
criteria for point-release. I think it's not crazy, as the change
brought by this branch is way smaller than those introduced in
feature/7512-Make-GnuPG-config-closer-to-duraconf-reworked. Also, the
advantage of merging these two branches in the same release is that
users with GnuPG persistence enable will only have to resync' their
gpg.conf with ours once.