Re: [Tails-dev] BlueTooth keyboard

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] BlueTooth keyboard
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (08 May 2014 16:51:22 GMT) :
> Well... so far you proposed to mention that in "known issues". I think
> that if it is a choice of Tails to prevent people from using BlueTooth
> input devices because it is crappy and unsafe, then this needs to appear
> somewhere in the main doc since that's a deliberate "feature". And not
> as an "issue", that might get fixed at some point.

Documenting it as a feature would feel more logical for me as well.

However, that's not where the target audience would be looking for;
while they try to understand why there hardware doesn't work.
They'll think of it as a problem initially. And thankfully, our
troubleshooting documentation points to the known issues, not to the
list of features.

So, maybe the best would be to do both: document it as a feature, and
point to that piece of documentation from the known issues page.

How does it sound?

> Apparently, recent iMac comes with a BlueTooth keyboard and mouse by
> default. That's what makes me think that we shouldn't consider this as a
> corner case, especially once we'll have UEFI.

OK. Good thing it took me only 6 months to come back to this thread,
then :)