[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge: 1.3] bugfix/7951-refactor-chroo…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge: 1.3] bugfix/7951-refactor-chroot-browsers
Hi,

This branch is fairly big at 55 commits, netting 622 insertions and 552
deletions compared to the stable branch. Beyond getting the chroot
browsers code into a much better, factorized shape, it also brings some
nice improvements. As you may have noticed, there's still more
insertions than deletions, despite killing a lot of duplicated code, and
this is due to these improvements, most importantly significantly
reduced start up time and memory footprint, localization of the I2P
router console, and defence against attack code served by a compromised
NetworkManager.

Any way, I hope this additional semi-unrelated work (which could have
happened in different branches, but probably wouldn't at all then)
doesn't get in the way of getting this merged. So, please review'n'merge
into devel, although I wouldn't be opposed to have it merged into stable
to be part of 1.2.1. FWIW, I've tested it (both manually and
automatically) very thoroughly, and so far I haven't seen any regressions.

Also, note that it includes the yet to be review'n'merged
bugfix/8158-stacked-rootfs-vs-chroot-browsers branch.

Cheers!