Re: [Tails-dev] To register as Vendor

Author: intrigeri
To: Sindhu Jayakumar
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] To register as Vendor
Hi,

(I'm not speaking for the project at large -- if others disagree,
please speak up and explain why :)

Sindhu Jayakumar wrote (15 Oct 2014 09:07:31 GMT) :
> We have added your distribution to our online shop www.zyxware.com/shop.
> The link is http://www.zyxware.com/requestcd?&distribution_name=Tails
> It would be great if we could formalize our relationship by registering as
> a vendor [...]

In the current state of things, sadly we cannot recommend Tails users
to buy already made Tails devices, for two main reasons:

  * It's not easy to verify that the OS on the purchased device is
    genuine. Verifying this is key in the security Tails aims
    to provide.

  * We release every 6 weeks, so that users who buy a DVD from you
    will have to either keep running it and be affected by serious
    security issues in the future, or buy another one every 6 weeks,
    or learn how to download, verify and install Tails themselves.

More details on https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7269.
So, I'm afraid we cannot answer your request positively *yet*.
Help would be much welcome to address the verification issue described
above :)