Re: [Tails-dev] Remove /promote/slides from ISO image

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Remove /promote/slides from ISO image
Hi,

sajolida@??? wrote (21 Sep 2014 16:30:57 GMT) :
> But I originally branched that branch from master. So here is what I did:

> - I reapplied our commits on top of devel as of today.
> - Pushed force web/7884-exclude-slides-from-iso.
> - Merged into devel.
> - Pushed devel.

> I hope that I did right.

This works, but there was no need to do that (and rewriting already
reviewed history should be avoided, unless really needed): master is
merged into devel at some point during the release process anyway, and
doing it once more is not a problem (to the contrary, actually
I happen to do it from time to time manually during the release cycle,
when I'm the RM, to make sure potential conflicts between work done in
master and work merged into devel are resolved *before* the day I have
to build the ISO).