[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] feature/tor-0.2.5.x-alpha (…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] feature/tor-0.2.5.x-alpha (#7907) [Was: Tor 0.2.5.x and Tails]
Hi,

> Nick Mathewson wrote (17 Sep 2014 23:59:11 GMT) :
>> My opinion is that Tor 0.2.5.x is better than 0.2.4.x, if it's working
>> with you.

The feature/tor-0.2.5.x-alpha (sic) branch:

* installs Tor 0.2.5.7-rc from the Tor project's
tor-experimental-0.2.5.x-wheezy APT repo
* enables the brand new syscall sandbox if no special Tor
configuration is asked for in the Greeter (as it's not compatible
with managed proxies); as said earlier, finer granularity would be
better (too bad users who simply need to configure a HTTP proxy or
allowed firewall ports won't get the sandboxing, while technically
they could), but that's the low-hanging fruit I could easily pick
while I were at it, and is already much better than nothing.

It passes the test suite for me, and I successfully manually tested
bridges support (since we have no automated tests for that yet).

Please review'n'merge into devel for Tails 1.2.