[Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] test/7804-test-unit-asserti…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.2] test/7804-test-unit-assertions [Was: Reasons to use our own assert() instead of Test::Unit::Assertions' one?]
Hi,

intrigeri wrote (08 Aug 2014 13:28:32 GMT) :
> Is a reason why we use our own assert() function, instead of using
> a library such as Test::Unit::Assertions?

> If there's actually no good reason to do so, then I'm happy to pick an
> adequate library and convert our test suite to it.

Ticket: #7804 (should I really write this explicitly when the branch
name already provides the info?)

anonym agreed (privately, IIRC), and here's a branch that implements
it. The initial patch was prepared by anonym, and then I added
a commit on top to convert many assert() to assert_equal() and clean
the code up accordingly. I've successfully run the test suite with
these changes applied.

Candidate for 1.2, assigned to anonym as I don't see who else is
around and comfortable enough with the test suite code to review this,
*but* I'd be delighted if someone else (Kill Your TV? bertagaz?)
seized this opportunity to have a look and get more familiar with
it :)