Re: [Tails-dev] Jessie!

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Jessie!
01/09/14 00:32, intrigeri wrote:
> Below, I'll list the tasks I'm the most concerned about, because they
> are blocking other things we should do way before the freeze, and then
> should *really* be completed *soon*. Most of these tasks are on Alan's
> and anonym's plate (Cc'd), but I guess they wouldn't mind some help:

[...]
>   * #7560 - Have Tails based on Jessie starting [anonym] => ETA?
>     (blocked by #7561 [alan]; otherwise, the only remaining sub-task
>     seems to be #7633 "Session fails to load in Jessie"... until we
>     discover other blockers)

After two full days of parsing debug logs of all possible GNOME
components and looking at all the wrong things, I've now solved
#7633/#7673 with a one byte patch in Tails Greeter (commit 1189bd4)...

>   * #7563 - Update the automated test suite for Jessie [anonym]
>     => blocked by #7560, and in turn by #7561

Lots of fonts look different in feature/jessie builds, which makes this
into a lot more work (especially since it will be obsoleted again once
we move from GNOME flashback to GNOME Classic), so I created #7882 as a
blocker. Furthermore, even though we get into a GNOME session now, lots
of basic things are broken, and I suspect a major cause is #7881.

Any quick clues on these two bugs would be appreciated!

>   * #7566 - Try GNOME Shell in a Jessie or sid VirtualBox VM [anonym]
>     => ETA?

Done, and it looks pretty ok.

Cheers!