Re: [Tails-dev] Jessie!

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Jessie!
Hi,

> at the summit, we have decided a timeline for getting our stuff ready
> to be tested on Jessie. We're far from being there yet, and given the
> Jessie freeze is on November 5th, in practice packages MUST have
> reached testing by October ~25th. That gives us less than two months
> to discover bugs and have them fixed and uploaded. I don't feel like
> it's a lot of time.

Thanks for the reminder.

> The parent ticket that tracks what we need to do ASAP is:
>
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7423
>
> Below, I'll list the tasks I'm the most concerned about, because they
> are blocking other things we should do way before the freeze, and then
> should *really* be completed *soon*. Most of these tasks are on Alan's
> and anonym's plate (Cc'd), but I guess they wouldn't mind some help:
>
>   * #7568 - Write instructions to access the localized desktop without
>     a working Greeter [alan] => ETA?

It turned out that what worked before the migration of GTK 3.12
doesn't work anymore. So it's more work that I thought, but I'll try
to get something working by the 14th. Help is welcome though.

>   * #7561 - Update the Greeter for Jessie [alan] => ETA?
>     (note that fixing #7568 is enough to unblock some of the other
>     tasks that are not listed here, but *not* enough for some others,
>     e.g. the test suite update)

It was also broken by the migration of 3.12. I'll fix it (or report why
I can't...) the 14th.

> * #7564 - Test Jessie's GNOME Shell with llvmpipe on old-ish
> hardware (e.g. ThinkPad X32, ThinkPad X60) => I can't do that before
> early October, so it would be great if someone else did.

I can try to do that depending on how much time the greeter things take.

Cheers