Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1.1] bugfix/7060-use-gnom…

Author: Kill Your TV
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1.1] bugfix/7060-use-gnome-run-dialog-less (sic)
On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 21:37:16 +0000 (UTC)
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> I've seen *one* test failure with this branch due to menu handling,
> over an entire test suite run, which is way less than what I've seen
> recently when using the GNOME run dialog.

Since I (finally) got an automated test environment set up (using
nested VMs), I've started trying some tests out. I cannot run the full
suite (yet). Anyhow...

I saw this once with features/encryption.feature:

Failing Scenarios:
cucumber features/encryption.feature:18 # Scenario: Encryption and decryption using Tails OpenPGP Applet
cucumber features/encryption.feature:23 # Scenario: Signing and verification using Tails OpenPGP Applet
cucumber features/encryption.feature:28 # Scenario: Encryption/signing and decryption/verification using Tails OpenPGP Applet
cucumber features/encryption.feature:33 # Scenario: Symmetric encryption and decryption using Tails OpenPGP Applet

It has run *many* other times without failure. Probably a timeout issue
but if so I don't know where (I don't have SSD or enough memory to run
in a tmpfs).

----------------------------------

features/usb_install.feature consistently fails for me. At Scenario:
Installing Tails to a pristine USB drive:

    And I plug USB drive "current"                               # features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:83
    And I "Clone & Install" Tails to USB drive "current"         # features/step_definitions/usb.rb:76
      FindFailed: can not find USBCloneAndInstall.png on the screen.
      Line ?, in File ? (RuntimeError)
      /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/cucumber/core_ext/instance_exec.rb:73:in `rescue in cucumber_run_with_backtrace_filtering'
      /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/cucumber/core_ext/instance_exec.rb:68:in `cucumber_run_with_backtrace_filtering'
      /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/cucumber/core_ext/instance_exec.rb:36:in `cucumber_instance_exec'
      /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/cucumber/rb_support/rb_step_definition.rb:97:in `invoke'
      /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/cucumber/step_match.rb:25:in `invoke'
      [...snipped...]

Of course, the other scenarios fail after this point. I've not looked
into why it fails--yet--but I can go much further, e.g., in the devel
branch. I'll try to get information that is more useful than "it
doesn't work". Hitting a timeout is quite likely; my box is rarely idle.

Starting the applications from the menu, as the user would, does seem
to be the way to go once the rough spots are smoothed over. :) I'll try
a few more runs in the coming days, weeks...

--
GPG ID: 0x5BF72F42D0952C5A
Fingerprint: BD12 65FD 4954 C40A EBCB F5D7 5BF7 2F42 D095 2C5A