Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge 1.?] Bug #7771: printing in …

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge 1.?] Bug #7771: printing in unsafe-browser leads to browser hang
Hi,

Kill Your TV wrote (11 Aug 2014 16:08:28 GMT) :
> In 1.1 (official ISO) it'll hang on my test system for about four
> seconds. This is pretty good. Under devel it hangs for almost three
> minutes.

This regression surprises me. The only plausibly related changes I see
are: we now install cups-pk-helper, the firewall changes due to I2P,
and the IPv6 firewall changes. The two first ones are on the stable
branch too, the latter is only in the devel one. Maybe it's not high
priority to understand where this regression comes from, *but*
I suspect there might be other, similar regressions caused by the same
change, especially if the root cause is in modifying the
firewall rules.

> In 1.1 and with my change applied, I don't see a hang.

Good.

> I guess this change/branch isn't strictly necessary for 1.1.1 but
> perhaps it'd be suitable for 1.2. I'd like to see someone confirm my
> experience(s) under devel and/or stable. I, at least, see improvements
> with it.

Agreed.

Any idea why I still see the firewall blocking attempts to talk to
CUPS, even with your fix applied? Can you reproduce this?