Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge 1.?] Bug #7771: printing in …

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Kill Your TV
À: tails-dev
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge 1.?] Bug #7771: printing in unsafe-browser leads to browser hang
On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 08:31:07 +0000 (UTC)
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Kill Your TV wrote (11 Aug 2014 16:08:28 GMT) :
> > In 1.1 (official ISO) it'll hang on my test system for about four
> > seconds. This is pretty good. Under devel it hangs for almost three
> > minutes.
>
> This regression surprises me. The only plausibly related changes I see
> are: we now install cups-pk-helper, the firewall changes due to I2P,
> and the IPv6 firewall changes. The two first ones are on the stable
> branch too, the latter is only in the devel one. Maybe it's not high
> priority to understand where this regression comes from, *but*
> I suspect there might be other, similar regressions caused by the same
> change, especially if the root cause is in modifying the
> firewall rules.

After reverting 4b6248d0e7a77e78ee23465a1a70c3fdccf3dc5e the hang in
devel drops back to around 4 seconds, the same behaviour as can be
seen in 1.1.

> > In 1.1 and with my change applied, I don't see a hang.
>
> Good.

To be more precise, in case it's needed: I don't even see the brief hang
of a few seconds. The window just pops up, practically immediately.
This being the case I would like to see this change applied (at some
point) to Tails since it should be a benign

[..]

> Any idea why I still see the firewall blocking attempts to talk to
> CUPS, even with your fix applied? Can you reproduce this?

It's reproducible here. It always tries to communicate with CUPS via
IPv6, even with my simple change, only with my change it doesn't block
the Print window from appearing. According to mozillazine's KB[0], my
change of setting "print.postscript.cups.enabled" to "false" 'should'
stop it from trying to access CUPS, so maybe this is a Firefox bug?

[0] http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Print.

--
GPG ID: 0x5BF72F42D0952C5A
Fingerprint: BD12 65FD 4954 C40A EBCB F5D7 5BF7 2F42 D095 2C5A