Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge 1.?] Bug #7771: printing in …

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge 1.?] Bug #7771: printing in unsafe-browser leads to browser hang
Hi,

Kill Your TV wrote (10 Aug 2014 23:42:43 GMT) :
> In short, trying to print (accidentally or otherwise) would lead to the
> browser window hanging for several minutes trying to communicate with
> CUPS. Of course, CUPS isnt available to the unsafe-browser user...so I
> disabled CUPS in unsafe-browser.

I could not reproduce this hanging: on my system, it maybe takes one
more second to open the printing dialog on 1.1 than with your fix in.
And I see connections to 127.0.0.1:631 (TCP) being rejected by the
firewall, both on 1.1 and with your fix in. So, I'm unable to confirm
that this branch actually improves anything. Any idea?

Anyway: rebased on top of stable, added a trivial fix (56b6ffed) on
top, and pushed as bugfix/7771-disable-cups-in-unsafe-browser.
Please base further work on that branch, there's still a chance that
it's merged in time for 1.1.1.