Re: [Freepto] freepto repository and other problems

Author: intrigeri
To: Everything about freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] freepto repository and other problems
Hi,

(just my 2cts, in case it can save you some time.)

boyska wrote (10 Aug 2014 09:41:59 GMT) :
> The bigger problem: when you build freepto, you take the specified
> freepto-lb code, plus the packages that have been built into freepto repository.
> These are not always updated; and anyway, is difficult to understand
> what version should be put where, since there are many packages (and
> they will likely grow in the future!)

Unsurprisingly, we have the same kind of problems for Tails:

* https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7036
* https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/Git_sub-repositories/

> B) We could build packages just before building freepto itself.

We want to do that for Tails at some point. There are a few existing
solutions:

* https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6220
* https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/automated_builds_and_tests/Debian_packages/

> the disadvantage is that when you update another package, you also
> need to update the submodule inside freepto-lb.

I'm told that Git submodules are a pain to deal with for merging, but
I'd be happy to learn that it's wrong.