Re: [Tails-dev] dpkg-dev / libdpkg-perl errors during build

Author: Kill Your TV
To: intrigeri
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] dpkg-dev / libdpkg-perl errors during build
On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 09:52:47 +0000 (UTC)
intrigeri <intrigeri@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Kill Your TV wrote (29 Jul 2014 02:12:19 GMT) :
> > As a quick workaround I installed privoxy in the VM and the build
> > succeeded, but I don't see why it was only failing intermittently
> > prior to installing privoxy.
>
> To debug this further, I would need a *full* build log, and to know
> what you have in TAILS_BUILD_OPTIONS.

I see you were around for some of the discussion about this in
#tails-dev. If needed I can get the log after today's test builds are
done.

In the meantime I can state that TAILS_BUILD_OPTIONS is unset. In fact,
the only config change I that made before installing privoxy was
setting the proxy variable (to use apt-cacher-ng)
in /etc/live/build.conf:

    # cat /etc/live/build.conf
    LB_PARENT_MIRROR_BINARY="http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/"
    LB_MIRROR_BINARY="http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/"
    LB_APT_HTTP_PROXY="http://127.0.0.1:3142"

...but it failed before that change. Everything else was configured
according to https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/#index2h1 . What's
stated on this page--at this point in time--is exactly what's needed to
make a tails image manually (other than the problem this thread
describes).

I can undo my privoxy changes and provide a full log later if it'd
still be of use.

--
GPG ID: 0x5BF72F42D0952C5A
Fingerprint: BD12 65FD 4954 C40A EBCB F5D7 5BF7 2F42 D095 2C5A