Re: [Tails-dev] dpkg-dev / libdpkg-perl errors during build

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] dpkg-dev / libdpkg-perl errors during build
Hi,

[No need to Cc me, I do read this list.]

Kill Your TV wrote (30 Jul 2014 15:18:13 GMT) :
> Everything else was configured
> according to https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/#index2h1 . What's
> stated on this page--at this point in time--is exactly what's needed to
> make a tails image manually (other than the problem this thread
> describes).

Ah, OK. I thought you were using Vagrant, and then I was under the
impression that only Vagrant users were affected by this problem.

> I can undo my privoxy changes and provide a full log later if it'd
> still be of use.

Yes, please.

Note ajdle had an idea today on IRC to workaround this bug, that is:

  - run `apt-get source syslinux' in a chroot hook, instead of
    a binary one (same for the needed preparation and cleanup); this
    shall be run from /tmp, that's excluded from the SquashFS, to
    avoid polluting the resulting ISO

  - at binary hook time, copy syslinux.exe from
    chroot/tmp/syslinux*/