Re: [Tails-dev] Sharing wiperam package between Freepto and …

Author: Patrick Schleizer
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: freepto
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Sharing wiperam package between Freepto and Tails?
intrigeri:
> @Patrick: why is the build-dep on config-package-dev versionned to
> 0.5.1? Isn't Wheezy's 4.13 good enough for our needs? (Worst case, we
> can fetch 0.5.1 from wheezy-backports, but still :)

Even it has been obsoleted by now, I like answering it maybe for the future.

wheezy:
config-package-dev (4.13)
CDBS modules for building configuration packages

wheezy-backports
config-package-dev (5.1.1~bpo70+1)
Debhelper (and CDBS) modules for building configuration packages

I was using Debhelper. Looked like the better choice than learning CDBS
just for this.

>>> = litian warning init.d-script-missing-dependency-on-remote_fs =
>
>>> E: wiperam: init.d-script-missing-dependency-on-remote_fs
>>> etc/init.d/tails-reconfigure-kexec: required-start
>>> E: wiperam: init.d-script-missing-dependency-on-remote_fs
>>> etc/init.d/tails-reconfigure-memlockd: required-start
>
>>> You probably don't want to add remote_fs as dependency. Should I add a
>>> lintian override? Lintian override reason?
>
>> I'm unsure, will look at it tomorrow.
>
> Added $remote_fs dependency. Any reason why we should not have?

You tell me. :) If it works, everything is fine.