Re: [Tails-dev] Post-backbone collaboration

Author: Patrick Schleizer
To: tails-dev >> The Tails public development discussion list
CC: freepto, info
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Post-backbone collaboration
Jurre van Bergen:
> Dear Privacy Distributions,

Hi! :)

> Or what are you working on?

I am currently working on splitting Whonix into multiple packages.
Having ability to be used by other privacy distributions on general
Libre Software users in mind.

I hope that a lot of functionality can and eventually will be used by
other privacy and/or general distributions.

Have a look at what packages/functionality is provided:
https://github.com/Whonix

(~6 pages; ~100 packages)

Help with getting packaging ready to be acceptable for Debian [etc.],
mentoring, finding Debian maintainer, etc. is welcome!

> - Feature #5655: Share username and hostname amongst all anonymity
> distributions
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5655
>
> I included the last one, since I brought it up at backbone409 and might
> be interesting to have as an discussion.

I have no strong opinion about this yet. Fine either way.

The feature "Share username and hostname amongst all anonymity" has been
implemented as a Debian package:
https://github.com/Whonix/anon-base-files

All the best,
Patrick Schleizer
(a maintainer of the Whonix privacy distribution)