Re: [Tails-dev] Sharing wiperam package between Freepto and …

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: freepto
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Sharing wiperam package between Freepto and Tails?
Hi,

the feature/wiperam-deb branch on the Tails main Git repo drops all of
our "erase memory on shutdown" code (*but* the emergency shutdown
trigger thingie), and uses wiperam instead. Works for me! :)

Note that this branch applies a patch against /etc/init.d/kexec{,-load},
that I've proposed to the kexec-tools Debian maintainer.

Anyone interested in maintaining wiperam, or following its future
development, please subscribe to that mailing-list:

    https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/wiperam

Next things to do:

1. Have Freepto use the wiperam package?
2. Add systemd support to wiperam, so that it can possibly be uploaded
to Debian, and used in Tails once we migrate to systemd.
3. Move the emergency shutdown trigger thingie into wiperam.