Re: [Tails-l10n] german: proposed change in tails-greeter

Author: u
To: tails-l10n
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] german: proposed change in tails-greeter
Heya

sycamoreone:
> intrigeri:
>> sycamoreone wrote (29 Jun 2014 08:45:03 GMT) :
>>> Do you know what repositories one would have to check for all the
>>> Transifex translations?
>>
>> https://git.torproject.org/translation.git

also, in the Tails git repo, the folder /po contains the translations
from Transifex afaik.

> Ok, it turns out tails-greeter is the only program under the Torproject
> umbrella using the translation "Vermittlungsserver" (as part of the word
> "Vermittlungsservereinstellungen". OTOH, besides Vidalia there are only
> a few packages that talk about proxies at all.
>
> I think there is no clear winner in "Brides" vs. "Brücken". liveusb
> creater uses 'ISO-Abbild' instead of 'ISO-Image' consistently, and no
> other package mentions ISO images.
>
> I attached a crude script for searching in the German translations. It
> doesn't restrict the search to the msgstr's, but is good enough to get
> an overview on the translations in the different packages.
>
> @flapflap, @u: Do you already have a list of 'standard translation'?

No. My last information on this issue was that we wanted to have a
little IRC meeting to talk about how to constitute this list. That never
happened though :)

Maybe we could create a ticket on Redmine, under translation issues, and
start building a glossary which would be closely related to Tails and
Tor and which we could rely on? Could this be done using a script in
first place and then some human intervention on script output?

cheers
u.