Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] feature/7319-partially…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] feature/7319-partially-covered-labels [Was: Fix for Bug #5673 - Wheezy: way too small fonts in Tails Installer]
12/06/14 20:26, intrigeri wrote:
> anonym wrote (12 Jun 2014 16:55:14 GMT) :
>> Please review'n'merge into liveusb-creator's master branch, assigned to
>> intrigeri for now.
>
> I'll act as the fallback to review this, but I'm basically swamped and
> would not mind a hand.

Ok.

For whoever ends up doing the review'n'merge, I've only manipulated
magic geometry numbers, so there's not much thought needed in the code
review except making sure I didn't introduce some change that shouldn't
be there.

IMHO the important part is testing the .deb, and looking at the end
result (after the launcher). A .deb has now been uploaded to the
feature/7319-partially-covered-labels *Tails* Git branch's APT suite.
It's built from the debian_7319-partially-covered-labels branch in
liveusb-creator's Git repo.

>> I wanted to build and upload a test .deb to ease testing, but I'm unsure
>> what the correct way would be. Should I merge debian into my branch and
>> build from there?
>
> The usual way we've been doing it, assuming your topic branch, based
> on current master, is $TOPIC:
>
> 1. branch "debian_$TOPIC" off "debian"
> 2. merge "$TOPIC" into "debian_$TOPIC"
> 3. use "git-dch --auto --snapshot" too fill debian/changelog, and
>    insert something like +feature.whatever.blah between the version
>    last packaged in the "debian" branch, and the gbp snapshot number
>    (that looks like ~1.gbpNNNNNN). In your case, the result should
>    look like:
>    3.11.6+tails1-4+feature.7319.partially.covered.labels~1.gbp4a0c9c
> 4. build (adding --git-ignore-branch to the git-buildpackage command),
>    etc.

Ah, now I even found some example branches like that. I

> If that works for you, then it would be good to document this
> somewhere. If you want to do this, I say just push to master, then I'm
> happy to review and improve as needed, and to move the page if I come
> up with a strong idea of what the "somewhere" should be.

If you even have a weak idea about where I should put it, please tell me
and I'll do it, and then you can move it if you got a stronger one. I
have no idea where this belongs, so it can actually be found and make a
difference.

Cheers!