Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] feature/7319-partially-…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [review'n'merge:1.1] feature/7319-partially-covered-labels [Was: Fix for Bug #5673 - Wheezy: way too small fonts in Tails Installer]
anonym wrote (12 Jun 2014 16:55:14 GMT) :
> Please review'n'merge into liveusb-creator's master branch, assigned to
> intrigeri for now.

I'll act as the fallback to review this, but I'm basically swamped and
would not mind a hand.

> I wanted to build and upload a test .deb to ease testing, but I'm unsure
> what the correct way would be. Should I merge debian into my branch and
> build from there?

The usual way we've been doing it, assuming your topic branch, based
on current master, is $TOPIC:

1. branch "debian_$TOPIC" off "debian"
2. merge "$TOPIC" into "debian_$TOPIC"
3. use "git-dch --auto --snapshot" too fill debian/changelog, and
insert something like +feature.whatever.blah between the version
last packaged in the "debian" branch, and the gbp snapshot number
(that looks like ~1.gbpNNNNNN). In your case, the result should
look like:
3.11.6+tails1-4+feature.7319.partially.covered.labels~1.gbp4a0c9c
4. build (adding --git-ignore-branch to the git-buildpackage command),
etc.

If that works for you, then it would be good to document this
somewhere. If you want to do this, I say just push to master, then I'm
happy to review and improve as needed, and to move the page if I come
up with a strong idea of what the "somewhere" should be.