Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage: left to do

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Camouflage: left to do
Hi,

thanks for creating these tickets!

Alan wrote (12 Jun 2014 16:57:09 GMT) :
>> (I'm aware than notification-daemon has not exactly been very active
>> upstream lately, but the MATE folks are apparently taking over more
>> and more modules obsoleted by the Shell, dropping some of their own
>> forks, and the cool thing is that they're doing in the GNOME
>> repositories, so maybe notification-daemon will get fresh energy,
>> some day.)
>>
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7405 even though I hope we'll stop
> depending in this old technology.

I hope so too, but I've not even started thinking of how we can get
a Windows camouflage theme for GNOME Shell. I suspect you're already
thrilled at the idea of writing a couple extensions to do so ;) If
that's what happens, I hope it's done as a dedicated upstream project,
loosely coupled with Tails, so that we have a chance to get other
people involved.

>> > I could also blame the gpgApplet which doesn't use themable icons,
>> > but that's us...
>>
>> ... even when we are upstream :)
>>
> https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7406. Please assign this one to you
> if you feel in charge of gpgApplet maintenance.

I kinda feel responsible for this code, but I also kinda feel
responsible for many other bits I've initially introduced into Tails,
and it's clear I can't take care of all those things alone.
That's a good "Easy" ticket, and I've improved the description a bit.
Feel free to improve it further if it may help a new contributor to
get involved :)

But if there's some kind of urgency in resolving this problem in
OpenPGP Applet, I can try to take care of it.