Re: [Tails-dev] Postponing 1.1?

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Postponing 1.1?
Hi,

anonym wrote (11 Jun 2014 22:15:58 GMT) :
> 28/05/14 20:18, intrigeri wrote:
>> anonym wrote (28 May 2014 16:40:02 GMT) :
>>> Since I'm still around at this time (until and including the 18th of
>>> June) I'm also able to prepare a 1.1~beta2.
>>
>> Great.

> I'll *try* my best to do this, but it'll be pretty much best-effort in
> that case. Just build, generate IUK and UDFs, *light* testing, and then
> upload. No test suite.

Given the very limited amount of bugfixes we were able to merge yet,
and the fact it's not the major ones, I doubt a beta2 on Monday will
be worth the effort (even assuming Windows camouflage is merged by the
end of the week).

I say skip it, save time there, better focus on fixing the bugs.
I'll try to put a beta2 out later in June (same, with a *very* minimal
amount of effort).

>>> I won't promise anything, but it may be possible for me to take one
>>> half-day from my hiatus for dealing with some review'n'merges of yours,
>>> giving you more time to fix potential issues compared to if I only do so
>>> in the last three days before the July 1st "real" freeze. If so, that
>>> would likely be the 25th. Would this be helpful for you?
>>
>> The 25th is already a bit late for me, since I'll be at a conference
>> on the 27-29, enjoying the hallway track and presenting Tails.
>>
>> But still, this would be awesome, and very much welcome.

> I'm still gonna try for 25th, but it's turning out more complicated than
> I originally thought. Actually now the 22nd (Sunday) looks more
> promising, which I think would suite our needs even better, right? Still
> that's not a promise, yet...

Right, June 22 would be much better for me.

>> If you think you can build the final 1.1 as well, don't hesitate
>> stealing it from me. I mean it.
>>
>> Alternatively, we could share things a bit, e.g. I could prepare the
>> .deb's (including the web browser?), Changelog, release notes, and
>> leave you the rest.

> Ok, I can do it, and I think I can do it all, but *if* I arrive back the
> 20th (not sure yet, but if so it would be quite early) it might be safer
> that some part of it is already done. I think it'd be enough if you did
> the iceweasel building. Sounds ok?

Sure. I've scheduled July 19th to do this.