Re: [Tails-dev] Postponing 1.1?

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Postponing 1.1?
28/05/14 20:18, intrigeri wrote:
> anonym wrote (28 May 2014 16:40:02 GMT) :
>> 28/05/14 16:28, intrigeri wrote:
>>>   * Around June 16, *maybe* put out a 1.1~beta2, that has gone through
>>>     the automated test suite, but not the manual one. If we feel it's
>>>     useful, and depending on other Tails deliverables I have.

>> Since I'm still around at this time (until and including the 18th of
>> June) I'm also able to prepare a 1.1~beta2.
>
> Great.

I'll *try* my best to do this, but it'll be pretty much best-effort in
that case. Just build, generate IUK and UDFs, *light* testing, and then
upload. No test suite.

>>>   * June 16 to June 25: review'n'merge things, fix a few small newly
>>>     discovered regressions, but with considerably less bandwidth and
>>>     reactivity; hopefully there's not much to do.

>>> Then, you take over on June 28, merge what's left (likely: only my own
>>> pull requests), put a RC out on July 1st, enjoy a few days off, and
>>> join our northern-hemisphere summer gatherings.
>
>> I won't promise anything, but it may be possible for me to take one
>> half-day from my hiatus for dealing with some review'n'merges of yours,
>> giving you more time to fix potential issues compared to if I only do so
>> in the last three days before the July 1st "real" freeze. If so, that
>> would likely be the 25th. Would this be helpful for you?
>
> The 25th is already a bit late for me, since I'll be at a conference
> on the 27-29, enjoying the hallway track and presenting Tails.
>
> But still, this would be awesome, and very much welcome.

I'm still gonna try for 25th, but it's turning out more complicated than
I originally thought. Actually now the 22nd (Sunday) looks more
promising, which I think would suite our needs even better, right? Still
that's not a promise, yet...

>>> To end with, I take over the RM hat on July 2, and keep it until 1.1
>>> is out on July 22.
>
>> FWIW, I'll be available again latest the 20th, since I'll be travelling
>> a bit after the summit. So I should at least be able to help with the
>> testing of the final 1.1 image.
>
> If you think you can build the final 1.1 as well, don't hesitate
> stealing it from me. I mean it.
>
> Alternatively, we could share things a bit, e.g. I could prepare the
> .deb's (including the web browser?), Changelog, release notes, and
> leave you the rest.

Ok, I can do it, and I think I can do it all, but *if* I arrive back the
20th (not sure yet, but if so it would be quite early) it might be safer
that some part of it is already done. I think it'd be enough if you did
the iceweasel building. Sounds ok?

Cheers!