Re: [Tails-dev] Postponing 1.1?

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Postponing 1.1?
anonym wrote (28 May 2014 16:40:02 GMT) :
> 28/05/14 16:28, intrigeri wrote:
>> Unfortunately, my own plans don't play very well with yours.

> Really? What you suggest below actually sounds pretty much perfect for
> my plans. Or do you mean that it interferes with other plans you had for
> June/July?

I mean that what I was suggesting was a compromise between my other
desires and commitments, and the need to have a RM for Tails 1.1.

>> What I can do is:
>>
>> * June 1-15: review'n'merge things quickly, as they arrive

> I'll be around during this time as well, sharing the review'n'merge work
> etc. I do plan to dedicate a few days to the Icedove integration (well,
> the preliminaries of it) so something is ready in time for the summit,
> as we've discussed before.

Good.

>>   * Around June 16, *maybe* put out a 1.1~beta2, that has gone through
>>     the automated test suite, but not the manual one. If we feel it's
>>     useful, and depending on other Tails deliverables I have.

> Since I'm still around at this time (until and including the 18th of
> June) I'm also able to prepare a 1.1~beta2.

Great.

>>   * June 16 to June 25: review'n'merge things, fix a few small newly
>>     discovered regressions, but with considerably less bandwidth and
>>     reactivity; hopefully there's not much to do.

>> Then, you take over on June 28, merge what's left (likely: only my own
>> pull requests), put a RC out on July 1st, enjoy a few days off, and
>> join our northern-hemisphere summer gatherings.

> I won't promise anything, but it may be possible for me to take one
> half-day from my hiatus for dealing with some review'n'merges of yours,
> giving you more time to fix potential issues compared to if I only do so
> in the last three days before the July 1st "real" freeze. If so, that
> would likely be the 25th. Would this be helpful for you?

The 25th is already a bit late for me, since I'll be at a conference
on the 27-29, enjoying the hallway track and presenting Tails.

But still, this would be awesome, and very much welcome.

> If so I can try
> to arrange it in the next couple of days so we'll know if it's possible
> at all.

OK.

>> To end with, I take over the RM hat on July 2, and keep it until 1.1
>> is out on July 22.

> FWIW, I'll be available again latest the 20th, since I'll be travelling
> a bit after the summit. So I should at least be able to help with the
> testing of the final 1.1 image.

If you think you can build the final 1.1 as well, don't hesitate
stealing it from me. I mean it.

Alternatively, we could share things a bit, e.g. I could prepare the
.deb's (including the web browser?), Changelog, release notes, and
leave you the rest.

> Sounds great to me! I'll write a new combined release schedule for 1.0.1
> and 1.1 tonight; now I need to focus on getting 1.1~beta1 ready.

Go, go, go :)